The Benefits of Membership
HBA members enjoy a wide array of benefits that enhance their professional and personal development. Whether it’s networking opportunities, continuing legal education, mentoring, community service opportunities, publications or discounts on products and services, HBA membership gives you the advantage. Here are some of the benefits you enjoy as an HBA member:
• Network with your colleagues through events like the Harvest Celebration, the Annual Dinner, the annual Golf Tournament, section membership, committee work and other special events.
• Get more than your required hours of CLE credit each year, completely free! Enjoy substantial discounts on institutes and other CLE programs.
• Take advantage of one-on-one mentoring or help a younger attorney through the Mentor Program.
• Make your voice heard on the administration of justice in Harris County through Judicial Polls.
• Serve your community in a variety of ways to fit your interests, whether it is through the annual John J. Eikenburg Law Week Fun Run, cleaning up local parks and natural areas, building a Habitat house, collecting books, clothing and diapers for the less fortunate, or many other opportunities.
• Keep up to date on the latest developments in the law through the award-winning bi-monthly magazine, The Houston Lawyer. Keep up with HBA activities through the bi-monthly Houston Bar Bulletin, weekly e-Bulletin updates and emails on special events.
• Sharpen your practice skills and network with attorneys in your practice area through 27 HBA Sections.
• Enhance your business through registering with the Houston Lawyer Referral Service.
• Learn mediation skills by volunteering with the Dispute Resolution Center.
Enjoy discounts on products and services through these vendors!
Pet Paradise Resort
Pet Paradise Resort HBA members receive a 20% discount on pet boarding and daycare services at all locations of Pet Paradise Resort, Houston’s premier pet boarding and daycare resort.
JoS. A. Bank
JoS. A. Bank HBA members can apply for a JoS. A. Bank Corporate Card and receive a 20% discount on all regularly priced merchance for in-store, catalog and internet orders. To receive your free corporate card, visit the JoS. A. Bank store nearest you and and give the HBA Corporate Company Number, 439549.
Brooks Brothers HBA members receive a 15% discount at Brooks Brothers stores by enrolling for the Brooks Brothers Corporate Membership Card. Click here to sign up. Enter organization ID # 10784 and pin code # 77970.
Life Beat HBA members receive $200 off each AED purchased and free CPR/AED training for up to 8 persons; 50% off CPR certification with purchase of an AED; and 30% off CPR certification without AED purchase. For more information contact Lisa Matocha, President, at 713-882-2147 or email her here.
20 % discount on Continuing Legal Education Seminars Continuing Legal Education programs and written materials at lower costs; receipt of CLE bulletins; first choice on space-limited events.
The Downtown Club
The Downtown Club invites HBA members to enroll in membership for a preferred initiation fee. The Downtown Club includes the Met location and the Houston Center location. Both clubs offer unique, expanded benefits. For more details about the club visit their website. For more information call 713-289-3846. Offer subject to change.
People’s Trust Federal Credit Union
People’s Trust Federal Credit Union The HBA and People’s Trust Federal Credit Union have partnered to offer participating members a full array of financial products and services. As an HBA member, you are automatically eligible to join the credit union. As a People’s Trust member, you can enjoy competitive earnings on savings accounts, borrow at lower interest rates, and have all the products and services of a bank without the costly fees. For more information, visit our website. For PTFCU member application forms and a New Member Kit, please call Eddie Garcia at 713-428-3246.
Mister Car Wash MVP Program
HBA Members receive a 10% discount on full service car washes, express detail, express lube services and merchandise on each visit. No card is necessary;
Please call 866-254-3229 to register for the MVP program. (MVP program only available at select locations and Vehicle License Plate information required for participation)
Staples Advantage offers savings of 15-85% on office products and cleaning and break room supplies for your firm. Please contact Staples Representative Amber Ginther at 713-398-1149 or email her to request a catalog and information on setting up your HBA/Staples account!
HBA members can now save 15% off all ABA web store purchases including books, CLE course materials, and other products at www.ababooks.org. Call the HBA Office at 713-759-1133 for the discount code.
GlobalFit Corporate Fitness Program
Gain eligibility to participate in the GlobalFit Corporate Fitness Program, which offers discounted memberships to area health clubs. To receive more information contact the GlobalFit Corporate office at 800-294-1500.
The Houston Lawyer Magazine
Receipt of The Houston Lawyer magazine six times per year
HABLA Spanish Classes
Member Discount on Spanish Classes – HBA and HYLA members receive a discount on Spanish classes through HABLA, offering lunchtime classes downtown and Central Houston locations in the evening. HABLA promises classes will have you functionally fluent in under a year. Visit the new website for more information and to register for classes.
Houston Lawyer Referral Service
Opportunity to register with the Houston Lawyer Referral Service
Houston Bar Foundation
Automatic membership in the Houston Bar Foundation
Houston Bar Bulletin
Receipt of the bi-monthly Houston Bar Bulletin
Select Performing Arts Performances
Discounts on the arts. Click here for more details.