The Animal Law Section sponsors monthly meetings to raise awareness and educate the legal community regarding legal issues affecting animals and their welfare through CLE presentations, networking opportunities, publication and a distribution of materials. The ALS currently co-sponsors a witness-support dog program with the Harris County District Attorney’s Office named Paw and Order: SDU (Special Dog Unit). The ALS ordinarily holds its monthly meetings during lunch. Inquiries regarding membership and meeting times should be directed to the ALS Secretary.
The Laws For Paws Blog focuses on animal law and legal issues facing non-profit animal rescue/welfare organizations. It also provides notice of upcoming Animal Law Section events.
Friday, November 14, 2014, 9am-4pm at Houston Council on Alcohol and Drugs, 303 Jackson Hill Street
- Program: “Lawyers To The Rescue 4” Seminar
- Registration Form will be posted on www.LawsForPawsBlog.com.
- Fees for early registration (by November 8, 2014) are $50 for rescue/welfare groups; $95 for members of the HBA Animal Law Section or SBOT Animal Law Section; $125 for all other lawyers.
Lunch and all-day beverage service provided. Pending CLE approval for 6.0 hours. Parking is free in attached garage.
Payment is by check or credit card.
Tuesday, December 9, 2014, 5:30pm-7:30pm at BlackFinn American Grille, 1910 Bagby Street
- Program: Annual Holiday Party (honoree to be determined)
- No fee to attend. Lite bites provided, cash bar. Parking is convenient, attached garage above restaurant.
RSVP by December 6, 2014 to Jessica Milligan
Harris County District Attorney’s Office
1201 Franklin, Suite 600
Houston, Texas 77002
Section Members: 48
Section Dues: $20
Immediate Past Chair
Clarissa Kay Bauer