The HBA Family Law Section is proud to announce the update and revision of their website! The website includes such helpful information as monthly updates of the latest family law appellate cases (Gray’s Interesting Cases) and the presentations from each month’s luncheons. The site also has a “resources” page with links to other family law-related websites, and current information on upcoming events and luncheons.
Please visit the site at www.hbafamilylaw.org main and let us know what you think.
The Family Law Section of the Houston Bar Association promotes the goals of the HBA within the community of family lawyers in Houston. With a membership of almost 500 attorneys, the Section includes family law attorneys with a wide range of backgrounds, knowledge and experiences who serve to mentor and encourage one another in addressing the many complex issues that can arise in family law cases. At the monthly meetings, members have access to quality CLE programming as well as an opportunity to network among other family lawyers and the family law judiciary.
Family Law Section leadership and members consistently give back to the community through organized events geared to assisting those in need, including:
- Volunteer efforts at HBA legal clinics;
- Staffing family law attorneys for the HBA’s monthly LegalLine program;
- Contributing annually to projects such as Habitat for Humanity;
- Grading thousands of Houston student essays entered in the national “Do the Write Thing” writing competition;
- Providing monthly updates of pertinent case law to its members;
- Sponsoring CLE programs for family law attorneys;
- Collecting and contributing to HBA’s “Dress for Success” program;
The HBA Family Law Section, one of the oldest among HBA sections, consistently strives to equip its membership with all the tools necessary to better serve those Houston and Harris County families in need of quality family law legal services.
Short Carter Morris, LLP
1177 W. Loop South, Suite 700
Houston, TX 77027
Fax (713) 759-9650
Section Members: 488
- For 3 years or less: $35
- For 4 years or more: $45
Immediate Past Chair