HBA Auto-Renewal Terms and Conditions
By opting into the automatic membership renewal program with the Houston Bar Association (HBA, or “the Association”), the enrolling member ("you" or "the member") affirms that he/she has carefully read, understands, and agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- Terms and Fees. By opting into the automatic membership renewal program, you authorize the HBA to charge your credit card on file for your membership dues once each year. (See Section II for details about payments and billing.)
- Membership Type. Your membership will be renewed at the same membership type most recently associated with your account. You may change membership types at any point during the year and will be responsible for any additional fees associated with the new member type.
- Membership Fees. Membership fees may change from year to year. Automatic renewals will be charged at the then-current rate.
- Membership Terms of Service. All HBA memberships are valid from July 1 to June 30 of the next year. Anyone applying for membership after December 31 and until April 1 will pay midyear dues. (Section dues not included.)
- Payment Dates. The date on which HBA initiates automatic renewal charges may vary from year to year. (See Section IV for information on notifications.)
- No-Refund Policy and Termination. All payments made through the automatic renewals program are nonrefundable. You may opt out of automatic renewals at any time, but all payments made prior to opting out are nonrefundable. In the case of unauthorized payments made using credit cards belonging to the member’s institution/firm/organization/company (hereafter “institution”), a representative of the institution may contact the HBA to dispute the charge within 45 days of the transaction for review. After 45 days, disputes regarding payments made on institution credit cards will not be considered.
- Methods of Payment and Credit Card Terms. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you authorize the Houston Bar Association to process an automatic once-yearly recurring payment to the HBA from the credit, debit, or bank card you have on file with the Association. Any automatic recurring payment method or renewal authorization will remain in effect until withdrawn by the member or terminated by the HBA.
- Payment Form. The Association accepts credit, debit, and bank payments by VISA, MasterCard, and American Express. If paying using a credit card that belongs to your institution, you agree that you are an authorized user of said credit card. In the event that you become no longer authorized to use the card, you are responsible for removing the credit card information from your HBA account and replacing it with a different payment method.
- Billing Information. The member is responsible for maintaining true, current, and accurate billing and payment information in their membership account in order to facilitate automatic renewal payments.
- Currency. All payments must be made in United States dollars.
- Unpaid Balances. If HBA does not receive payment from your credit card issuer or its agent at the time when automatic renewal charges are initiated, you agree to pay all amounts due upon HBA’s demand. If attempt(s) to collect payment fail, HBA at its discretion may consider your membership expired and you will forfeit any benefits associated with the automatic renewal program.
- Contact Information and Notifications. The Association will send email notifications about pending automatic renewal charges to the primary email address associated with your membership account. You are responsible for maintaining a current email address that is capable of receiving HBA emails as the primary email address associated with your account. Inability to receive HBA emails will not be regarded as grounds for refund.