Practicing Law in the Time of Coronavirus: How to Conduct Effective Hearings and Remote Depositions
- Beth Fein, BWA Video, will show you the basics of videoconference depositions, including exhibits, sidebars and “breakout” rooms.
- Benny Agosto, Jr., HBA president, will discuss the ethical responsibility to comply with the Stay Home, Stay Safe order using technology to connect with clients.
- Hon. Mike Engelhart, 151st District Court, will discuss court expectations for remote hearings, including which hearings will be held remotely and which will be postponed, what happens when a party is unable to attend remotely, and motions to quash based on video depositions.
- Rene White Moarefi and Carolyn Ruiz Coronado, Houston Court Reporters Association, will present tips on working with court reporters for effective remote depositions.
- Joe Lawson, deputy director of the Harris County Law Library will discuss the many resources and online services the law library offers to attorneys and the public.
- Michael Hofrichter, executive director of Houston Volunteer Lawyers, will offer information on programs, apps and technology to help your practice thrive in difficult times.
Course Number: 174082167
1.5 hours MCLE, including .25 hours ethics credit
No charge to watch or self-report the credit to the State Bar of Texas. Presented as a service to the profession by the Houston Bar Association.
If you enjoy videos like these, check out the HBA's CLE-accredited video library for members at hba.org/watchCLE.