Jennifer A. Hasley, managing partner at Hasley Scarano, L.L.P., is the new president of the Houston Bar Association. She succeeds Bill Kroger, a partner at Baker Botts L.L.P.
Other new officers are:
- Chris Popov of Vinson & Elkins LLP, president-elect;
- Daniella Landers of Reed Smith LLP, first vice president;
- David Harrell of Locke Lord LLP, second vice president;
- Diana Gomez of Chamberlain Hrdlicka, treasurer;
- Greg Moore of Norton Rose Fulbright, US LLP, secretary; and
- Bill Kroger, immediate past president.
- Collin Cox of Yetter Coleman LLP;
- Kaylan Dunn of Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP;
- Yvonne Ho of Bracewell LLP;
- Chanler Langham of Susman Godfrey LLP;
- Pamela Medina of Medina Law Texas, PLLC;
- Robert Painter of Painter Law Firm PLLC;
- Colin Pogge of Gibbs & Bruns LLP; and
- Greg Ulmer of BakerHostetler LLP.
Jennifer maintains a statewide trial and appellate practice focused on attorney disciplinary issues, attorney licensure and professional liability claims. She is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and was named on the 2021 Texas Super Lawyers list for the Professional Liability Attorney category.
Jennifer is passionate about helping law students and young lawyers develop their skills and confidence through direct mentorship. She represents law students and recent graduates as they navigate through the character and fitness review process before the Texas Board of Law Examiners.
Prior to forming the law firm of Hasley Scarano, Jennifer spent more than eight years as an assistant disciplinary counsel for the State Bar of Texas. She graduated from the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law in 1993, and practiced for a short time in Pennsylvania before landing in Texas. She received her Master of Laws in Health Law & Policy from the University of Houston Law Center in 1995.
Jennifer met her husband, Greg, an intellectual property lawyer and a partner in Hasley Scarano, while studying for the Texas Bar exam and they were proudly sworn in together by US District Judge David Hittner. They have two children, Hunter and Katie, who are enrolled in post-graduate programs.
Jennifer is only the fifth woman president of the Houston Bar Association in its 150-year history. This is her 12th year of leadership on the HBA Board of Directors, including prior service as first vice president and treasurer. She has spent more than 25 years volunteering through HBA community projects, events and partnerships. She is a past chair of the board for Houston Volunteer Lawyers and supports HVL’s mission by providing pro bono legal services to low-income Houstonians. Jennifer previously chaired the board for the Dispute Resolution Center. She also serves on the Executive Committee of the Garland R. Walker Inn of Court which promotes professionalism, ethics, civility and excellence in the legal profession, and she is a recognized speaker on legal ethics.
Click here to view the press release.