KidZone is a resource for children, teens and adults provided by the Houston Bar Association. If you need information on juvenile law, safety, law as a career, legal terms, courts and other law-related issues, we hope you find helpful resources in the sites and links provided here. If you have a suggestion for additional resources, please contact Tara Shockley.
TeacherZone is a division of KidZone dedicated to providing teachers in and outside of Houston with resources to enhance law-related education. We hope you find this information helpful. If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, please contact Tara Shockley.
- Do Kids Have Rights?
- Can School Take away Your Rights?
- Intellectual Freedom for Kids
- Children’s Rights around the World
- The History of Children’s Rights Around the World
- How Children’s Rights Can Change through the Ages
- The Rights of Kids with Special Needs
- Brown v. Board of Education
- Other Important Court Cases
- Make My School Safe
The Legal Field
How Government Works
- Helpful Information from the State Bar of Texas
- I Was First. Vote for Me!
- Federalism and the Separation of Powers
- Political Parties
- List of Law and Government Web Sites for Kids
- Founding Documents
- The Three Branches of Government
- How the Presidency Works
- About the US Supreme Court
- How Congress Makes Laws
- Who Is Representing Texas in Congress Right Now
- What Kinds of Laws Individual States Can Make
- The Texas Constitution
- The Structure of Texas Government
- Interactive Texas Congressional District Map
- Your Current State Officials
- The Difference Between a City and a County
- Harris County Official Web Site
- Harris County Elected Officials
- The Structure of Houston City Government
- Code of Ordinances for the City of Houston
- Houston City Council
- Houston Representatives by District
- Activity books about the law, made by the State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar’s Law-Related Education Games
- Justiceville, U.S.A.
- Citizen Bee
- Fire Safety Games
- The Internet Safety Game
- The FBI