The HBA’s 2017 Judicial Evaluation Questionnaire is now open. Each current member with a valid email address on file with the HBA should have received an email from BallotBoxOnline.com giving them access to participate. The emails originally went out on Nov. 1 with the subject, “2017 HBA Judicial Evaluation Questionnaire Ballot.”
Reminder emails will be sent every Monday to all members who have not yet participated, until the Judicial Evaluation closes at 5:00 p.m. on Nov. 30. If you do not want to participate, you can click a link on the reminder email to let BallotBox know not to send any more emails.
The Judicial Evaluation is conducted in non-election years. Judges must have actively served on their current bench for at least six months to be included in the Judicial Evaluation. Evaluations should be based on personal, firsthand experience only.
When you open the email, you will see a link to click to participate.
- Scroll through the list of judges and check the box next to the name of each judge you would like to evaluate, based on personal, firsthand experience only. The judges’ names appear alphabetically, by the type of court.
- Once you have checked each judge you want to evaluate, hit continue at the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to the evaluation page for each judge you checked. Fill in your responses to each question, then hit continue at the bottom of the page to move to the next judge.
- When you have evaluated the last judge you selected, click Review Answers.
- You will then have the opportunity to review your answers and cast your ballot for the questionnaire.