Lone Star Legal Aid operates a free hotline for legal advice relating to natural disasters. Call toll-free: (866) 659-0666.
The State Bar of Texas has a toll-free legal hotline to help people find answers to basic legal questions by connecting them with local legal aid providers. Call (800) 504-7030.
The State Bar of Texas has many other resources for Texans seeking legal help in the wake of natural disaster. Click here for tips on insurance, renter’s rights, and other topics, as well as a list of resources. Please be sure to scroll to the end of the page for all resources.
Those living in Harris County, Texas, are welcome to call the HBA’s next LegalLine for free legal advice over the phone.
- In English: Wednesday, October 16, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at (713) 759-1133.
- En español: jueves, 7 de noviembre, entre las 6:00 p.m. y 8:00 p.m. al (713) 759-1133.
Visit our LegalLine page for more information and resources.
For information about free clinics by Houston Volunteer Lawyers, please visit www.makejusticehappen.org.
Local Recovery Shelters run by Harris County
- Kingwood United Methodist Church, Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturday 9:00 a.m. to noon
- Crosby Community Center, Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- May Community Center, Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- CSD Jensen, Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Click here to read the summary of the federal emergency declaration.