Please visit www.hbafamilylaw.org and let us know what you think.
The Family Law Section of the Houston Bar Association promotes the goals of the HBA within the community of family lawyers in Houston. With a membership of almost 500 attorneys, the Section includes family law attorneys with a wide range of backgrounds, knowledge and experiences who serve to mentor and encourage one another in addressing the many complex issues that can arise in family law cases. At the monthly meetings, members have access to quality CLE programming as well as an opportunity to network among other family lawyers and the family law judiciary.
Family Law Section leadership and members consistently give back to the community through organized events geared to assisting those in need, including:
- Providing monthly updates of pertinent case law to its members;
- Sponsoring CLE programs for family law attorneys;
- Volunteer efforts at HBA legal clinics;
- Staffing family law attorneys for the HBA’s monthly LegalLine program;
- Contributing annually to projects such as Habitat for Humanity;
- Grading thousands of Houston student essays entered in the national “Do the Write Thing” writing competition;
- Collecting and contributing to HBA’s “Dress for Success” program;
The HBA Family Law Section, one of the oldest among HBA sections, consistently strives to equip its membership with all the tools necessary to better serve those Houston and Harris County families in need of quality family law legal services.
Monthly meetings are held at the Downtown Club at Houston Center, 1100 Caroline Street, Houston 77002.
Scheduled meetings in 2018: September 5, October 3, November 7; 2019: January 9, February 6, March 6, April 13, May 1.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Section Members: 477
- For 3 years or less: $35
- For 4 years or more: $45