- This website will dispatch a physician to your home for urgent care matters. (Does house calls for urgent care)
General Health Websites
- www.healthline.com With an overall goal of helping people reconnect with their well-being, Healthline assists with simple, expert-based information in regards to mental and physical health. Resources from this site also include an app and a podcast, with plenty of first-person experiences included. Composed of a team of doctors, nurses, and public health experts, these people work to get the most accurate and evidence-based information that is currently available on health and wellness topics.
Foods that Help Heal
- The following food helps heal certain conditions. There are other benefits as well.
- Mixed Nuts: Heals heart disease
- Kale: Eye Conditions
- Salmon: Brain Function
- Lentils: Blood Sugar Spikes
- Blueberries: Memory
- Garlic: High Blood Pressure
- Overnight Oats: Diabetes
- Avocado: High Cholesterol
- Dark Chocolate: Mood disorders
- Pomegranate Juice: Inflammation
- Water/Kefir: Poor Gut Health
- Broccoli Sprouts: Cancer
This website has a number of blogs and websites that promote different areas of wellness. A few are listed below:
- mindbodygreen With a vision to revitalize the way people eat, move and live, mindbodygreen is all about providing resources for everything from nutrition and fitness to stress and relationships. This is your one-stop shop for all things wellness, and you won’t get bored browsing the clever articles, recipes, tips and tricks.
- The Balanced Life with Robin Long A variety of free Pilates and barre workouts designed to help busy women fit at-home exercise into their regular routine. The Balanced Life offers workout videos, healthy recipes and intentional living tips and targeted workout series to help you meet your fitness goals.
- Sonima Features tons of articles and resources on food, yoga and mindful living. This is your go-to blog for reducing stress on your mind and body and achieving wellness, as well as physical and mental freedom.
- NPR Shots Features information regarding the state of healthcare across the nation and around the world. NPR Shots will keep you in the know about everything from epidemics and public health concerns to the latest news about the insurance industry.
- Furthermore from Equinox This blog gives helpful conversations on fitness and wellness by providing inspiration and information in an elevated way to help you reach your healthy living goals.
- Mentality WOD This website focuses on promoting healthy living by working through pressure and stress, learning about the thoughts holding you back and understanding and overcoming your fears and anxieties.
- Life by DailyBurn This website provides a healthy dose of recipes, articles on gear and gadgets for healthy living and lifestyle tips on everything from sleep to mental health. This website is perfect if you’re looking to make small, incremental changes to improve your well-being.
- Everyday Health Everyday Health covers health from A to Z. This comprehensive site is a go-to resource for a wide range of symptoms and illnesses. Everyday Health also offers articles on mental and emotional health and health tools like a symptom checker, meal planner and diabetes journal, and it’s easy to see that this site has something for everyone.
- Wellness Today Wellness Today is an affiliate of the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, compiling valuable wellness resources for readers.
- Fitting It All In This website focuses on about erasing the stigmas around eating disorders and mental health. It aims to promote healthy living and recovery for those with unhealthy body image and self-esteem.
- myfitnesspal.com This website (and app) is for people who want to track their exercise, food, and water intake to lose weight or generally make healthier choices. MyFitnessPal holds people accountable for their energy intake and expenditure each day. You can log and save your favorite foods, and you’ll learn more about the importance of serving sizes.
- acefitness.org ACE has provides all the tools needed on their website to educate on health and wellness. Their mission is to get people up and moving. Their science and research team stays up to date on the latest research to be able to improve the health and wellness of their readers.
Back to Main Navigation